Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemade Anniversary

Hooray!  Today is Adam and I's third wedding anniversary!  I can't believe it has already been 3 years!  It has gone by so fast!  Everyday I fall more and more in love with him and just when I think I can't possibly love him any more...there I go, falling again!  It is a wonderful life we have and I am so glad I was the one he chose to spend the rest of his life with...happy little sigh...below is us on our sweet wedding day:


I am assuming you just stood up and are applauding us, so  I will give you a moment while you take in all the glory that is us


Anywho, this year we decided to make gifts for each other instead of buying presents.  I have no idea what he has made me, but by the sound of the chop saw outside, it's gonna be dynamite!  As for me, I decided to make him a t-shirt with an image of my favorite thing on it...him, obviously!  I hope he loves it!

Here's a little walk through the creation of my present:
First I started with this awesome picture of Adam :)

Then I turned it into a line drawing to make it easier to make a stencil

I traced the outline onto a piece of vellum

Then cut the lines out to make my stencil

Then I silk screened it onto a t-shirt, you can see the imprint of the design on the screen...funsies!

This is the vellum stencil after I printed it, with missing pieces of course

This finished product!  Adam on a shirt, I challenge anyone to find a better gift!  :)

I am so excited to give it to him and see his reaction, hopefully he loves it!  I'll take a picture of him wearing it and post that later!  

Cheers to us!



No comments: