Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Super Mario Birthday Cake

Long time no blog, but now that I'm working again and little Charlie is a bonafide crawler, I haven't had much spare time.  Now that my excuses are done, on to more important things, like Adam's Birthday Cake.

Last week was Adam's birthday and I threw him a little surprise party.  He had a great time, but it was the hardest thing I have ever done.  The anxiety of throwing a surprise party proved to be too much for me and minutes before we were supposed to leave, I was in the bathroom throwing up from pure anxiousness.   Crazy!  Well, once we got to the party I was able to relax and Adam was so surprised!  It was wonderful.  What else was wonderful was the awesome cake my mom and I made for Adam.  He's a huge Nintendo fan, so what better cake than a Nintendo cake.  Here is a little walk through of the  process:

 hills

 
my mom making the bob-ombs

 bob-ombs!
 mushrooms tops, turtle shells and flower bits
 goomba bros. & bob-ombs
 All the pieces waiting to dry and be assembled

 mushrooms!
 so happy!
 Cake assembly.  My mom made the 4 layer cake and frosted it in a wonderful sky blue.
Front of finished cake


Back of cake

yay!

close up of the cake


Not only did Adam love the cake, but it tasted awesome too!  Success!!

No comments: