Saturday, June 20, 2009

Very Interesting Find...

So, I live in the desert where we don't get a lot of things growing naturally except for the obvious desert vegetation, you know, sage brush, joshua trees, wildflowers. These things are all lovely, however, the other day a strange new thing popped up out side of our house. These weird mushrooms. They are about a foot tall and just arrived, unannounced a few days ago. I don't know why or how they came to be, but of course, I have my own theory...

In the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, weird spores grew on plants that grew into huge pods that overtook bodies and duplicated them into a passive, mundane people so they could control the human race. It happens very fast and you don't even see it coming....

I don't know where these mushrooms came from, but I'm just saying....be careful out there and if I ever show up without that usual gleam in my eye, then you know what happened:






3 comments:

Jenn said...

Spooky! You got some good pictures of them though!

JoVon said...

All I can say is WTF. If there were ever a "desert" version of a mushroom, that would be it. Did you guys dissect one yet?

Wildwood Flower said...

No dissecting yet, I am afraid of what I might find.