Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ohhh....She's....Cute.....?

So, since I am less than 7 weeks away from becoming a parent; I have been wondering to myself if all mothers think their baby is the cutest baby they had ever seen.  OR if you are able to see flaws and be realistic if the baby is less than adorable.  I know, I know, "all babies are cute" but lets be serious...not all babies are beautiful.  I have seen babies who are less cherubic and more chupacabra and I wonder if the parents see it too.  I am curious if my own little baby will be the cutest thing I have ever seen or somewhere in the top 10.  Don't get me wrong, cute or not, I will love her more than anything, but maybe I will emphasize her personality rather than entering her in Toddlers & Tiara's.  Who knows.


I like this baby....

With all this said, I had a little dog when I was in high school who did happen to be the cutest dog I had ever seen.  I moved away to college and filled my dorm walls with pictures of Peanut and let friends admire her.  When I moved, my parents became Peanuts new mom and dad and they loved her with all their hearts.  When they took Peanut on walks, kids would stop them and ask "what is that?"  We thought they just couldn't tell a dog from a cat or something.  Some of my friends were reluctant to pet her or stare her directly in the eye and I would get so upset, because to me she was the cutest, cuddliest, most adorable little angel. 

Today, however, I was looking at old pictures with my mom and came across one of Peanut.....


So I have officially answered my question, and the answer is Yes, no matter what, you will think your little one is the cutest thing you have ever seen in your whole life....which is nice.

No comments: